Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Brian the Builder

Here are some pictures of the house I am building with Jason and Matthew Morris. They have been in business for almost 3 years and have built 15+ homes so far. I came on board after cycling around Europe just to help them finish a couple of houses, I didn't really expect for it to turn into something full-time, but it did! My goal right now is to just learn since I have never been on this side of the building process, actually in the field and hands-on. Well, almost hands-on, I did pick up a shovel on Saturday and a broom today. Otherwise it's just making sure that things are scheduled and work is getting done to our satisifaction. So far, so good! We framed the house in 8 days, and got all of the mechanical roughs done in about 5 after that. Also included are exterior doors and windows, some concrete for posts and rear patio, fireplace, etc. Oh, and we have passed the HVAC and plumbing inspections on the first pass. Hopefully electrical and framing will go as smoothly, but I doubt it, they are pretty tough. So here's the house we're building! And you can also go to http://www.morris-brothers.com/ and check out some of their other projects.



Kitchen


Buckhead skyline view from the master bedroom! The entire front of the house on the upper level is the master suite and bathroom.

4 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Shovel, broom...next maybe a hammer? Love ya!!! xoxoxo

Haley D. said...

Will you come use a broom at my house?

Traveling Bells said...

But I'm SWEET:-)

Becky said...

Well our furniture that you put together still hasn't fallen apart (yet?!), so you must know how to pick up a hammer too, or at least a screwdriver...